Amanda and I watched Falling Skies tonight, a new show on TNT about survivors of an alien invasion.  Two episodes have aired so far, though technically it’s been three.  It’s fallen under the trend of putting the first two episodes together on premiere night and calling it a two-hour premiere.  Anyway, I enjoyed it well enough.  The first season is only eight episodes, so I’ll give it that much at least.  It didn’t blow me away, but it wasn’t bad.

Milly got over her whole going down for a nap an hour after getting up in the morning.  In fact, she did a 180 and woke up before 6:30 and stayed up until 11:00.  We heard her crying this morning and the alarm was about to go off for Amanda to get up to get ready for work, so she went ahead and got up to tend to our girl.  A few minutes later she came out and told me that Milly wanted her to lie down with her, but she had to get ready for work so I took her place.  Milly was on the floor next to her bed with her head on her big pillow (a normal-sized one; she sleeps with a little one), so I snuggled up next to her and Amanda put a blanket over me, but it was small and the floor was hard so I wasn’t very comfortable.  I don’t think Milly went back to sleep at all because her eyes were open every time I looked at her, thought she was still and quiet.  I might have dozed off for a few minutes.

Eventually I asked Milly if she wanted to get back in her bed, which she didn’t.  I told her that I was going to get back in my bed, and she seemed cool with that.  Harvey had taken over my side of the bed though, so I stretched out on Amanda’s, not feeling like messing with Harvey about it.  He would have just turned himself into 50 pounds of dead weight for me to try to push and shove and leverage away with my legs and feet.  Wasn’t worth it.

I dozed for a little bit then I heard Milly knocking on her door.  I thought there was an off chance that she’d just get in bed, snuggle up and sleep with me, so I let her out.  The off chance was indeed an off chance and didn’t happen.  She wanted to get on the bed, get off the bed, mess with the remote to turn the TV on, find the show about the choo choo train (Thomas the Tank Engine, which she’d seen on that TV a few days ago, liked, and assumed it was always on that TV now, which it isn’t, obviously), watch Dinosaur Train, got upset when it went away from the animated part, climb on the desk, look at pictures, and so forth.  We were downstairs before 8:00.

I suppose I shouldn’t complain.  A lot of parents are lucky to sleep until 6:30 I guess.  Still, when you’re used to something that’s been working so well for so long….  Anyway.

Milly was pretty good the whole morning.  She had a few times where she wouldn’t let me work, but overall she entertained herself.  She played with her puzzles a good bit and did some scribbling with some crayons.

Amanda worked a bit later than usual today, and after she got home I went off to a meeting, which went really well.

After work we started to take a walk, but Milly just ended up pushing her tricycle over to Bonnie and Dave’s for a bit.

Zach Dotsey