I slept downstairs on the couch again last night, but not because of my cough.  I was just really tired and was nodding off.  I was too lazy to walk upstairs.

Milly was really good this morning.  I mean really good.  I don’t think she made more than a partial cry noise all morning.  What’s more, she slept from about 10:00 to 11:30, which let me get a bit done, which is good because things kept coming in.

To provide a little drama this morning, a rumor started circling last night that Harrison Barnes had dropped Duke from his list of schools.  This made absolutely no sense, as Duke has consistently been seen as one of the leading contenders for a long time, and Barnes is known for keeping things close to the vest and not showing his hand.  Long story short, apparently a waiter said he saw Coach K take a phone call from Harrison Barnes and that the Duke coach was upset after it.  Yeah, there’s a lot there that doesn’t make sense.  At the end of the day, I think Duke still has a great chance.

Okay, I’ve got to make a note of something.  I was watching a documentary on Green Planet, a channel about, you know, renewable resources, eco-friendly stuff, that sort of thing.  It was about what happened to the electric car (and was pretty upsetting, as documentaries tend to be), and I’ve seen several car commercials.  Not hybrid car commercials or anything like that, just regular car commercials.  Just a little funny.

Back on track, Amanda brought home a pizza from Little Caesar’s for lunch, which was very thoughtful of her.  After eating, I went out to do a little running around and took Milly with me.  Amanda noted that it was the first time I’d taken Milly out of the house while she stayed behind.  While I was out I went to drop off a work check and talked to Todd Graham.  I jokingly asked him when he and Laura were having their second kid, and he said May.  I was taken aback, of course.  They don’t know the sex of the baby yet.

We had a bit of a quandary with what to do with the fair tickets I got.  Long story short, I ended up going with Billy.  Amanda called it a man-date.  We had a good time though.  We were out there for probably under two hours, but we rode a bunch of spinny and upside-downy rides.  We probably left at about the right time, as we were both starting to feel the beginnings of sick.  It’s just going to happen when you don’t have to wait in long lines in between rides that throw you up in the air and spin you all around.

I got back home just in time to help put Milly to bed, which is always a pleasure, then Amanda and I watched the regular Thursday night TV.  Amanda stayed up and played some Spider Solitaire before going to bed at, what was it, about midnight?  That’s late for her.

Zach Dotsey