I decided to go for a jog this morning.  The key to getting myself to do it was to do it before I did anything else so I didn’t get sidetracked.  I worked out pretty steadily for a couple weeks a little while back, but I got distracted for a few days and never got back into it.  I’m just getting tired of not being satisfied with my gut.  Not that it’s all that big, but it’s not as small as it was and I’d prefer it to be smaller.  Of course, I’m comparing it to the first half of the year when I was all stressed out and lost 15 pounds from not eating very well at all.

So I went for a jog, or as much of one as my body allowed anyway.  No, not my body, my right knee.  I felt like I could have kept going for a good long while, but my right knee started hurting pretty quick and was bad enough after a little over a mile that I couldn’t keep up my pace.  I alternated running and walking after that.  I ended up with just over 3.5 miles.  I stopped at a park and used the equipment there to do pull-ups, sit-ups and pushups too.  If I can do that consistently, and hopefully work through the pain in my knee, I think I’ll be happy with that.

I really enjoy Forest Hills.  It’s a great, scenic neighborhood with lots of nice houses, a little bit of a hill and good sidewalks.  It’ll probably take me a bit to find a regular route though, that being a downside.  At Bent Tree I had a perfect 5K route picked out.

I passed Chris and Katy Davis while I was still in my initial jog.  I waved and said, “Hey guys!” but I don’t know if they recognized me.

I had a meeting today that went pretty well.  Starting a new website, so that’s always a good thing.  I spent a lot of the rest of the day working on social networking posts for clients.

I bought a laptop for Amanda on Saturday and loaded a bunch of pictures onto a hard drive for her.  She said that as soon as she plugged the hard drive into the computer she got infected with a virus.  I tried to help her with that.  We ended up having an unrelated heated conversation.