After getting home last night, Amanda was getting frustrated at me because I was falling asleep on the couch while we were watching the Barbara Walters special on Heaven. I wanted to watch it, but we were DVRing it anyway. It’s annoying when I’m falling asleep on the couch and she keeps waking me up.

I woke up this morning to Amanda screaming. I sat bolt upright as Bruce popped out from under the covers with his ears straight up. It turns out that Amanda had gotten out of the shower and was toweling off and felt something between her boobs. It turned out to be one of the fattest roaches I’ve ever seen. By the time I got to the bathroom she’d knocked it into the tub. I hosed it down the drain and let the hot water run for a minute or two. Damn thing probably clogged the drain, it was so big. Copped a feel of my wife and now he’s gonna go tell all his friends about it. I should have squashed him.

Today was the busiest day of work thus far in the week. I figure it’ll be even busier tomorrow, to the point that Friday, even though I’m going to be away, will be the busiest day yet.

I met with Patrick the mortgage guy today. It seems that now we’re looking at an FHA loan, which gives me a little more homework to do. I got a copy of my credit report, which wasn’t nearly as bad as we thought it would be. Everything is going fine though, and he assured me that we’ll be able to get a loan after we do a little legwork.

I finished wrapping the last of the presents today. One of them posed a bit of a problem, as it needed to go in a box and I couldn’t find one. I improvised pretty well though.

We met the Frazelles at the Atlantic bread Company at Mayfaire. Despite going all the way across town in 5:00 traffic and Anna and the girls coming from Wrightsville Beach, Amanda and I and Barry, who works pretty near us, beat them there. They were only a few minutes late though. After eating we went to see King Kong. I drank a large soda almost in its entirety. What can I say? You leave something sitting in front of me for three hours that I can sip on in between chomping down Skittles, it ain’t gonna last.

Amanda and I got back and packed up some clothes for the weekend. We’re leaving tomorrow for our Christmas traveling. After talking to some of our friends, our schedule doesn’t sound nearly so bad, since we’re only going halfway across North Carolina. Ben and Jessica are going to Winston-Salem then Tennessee, Paul and Kim are going to New York and Rob and Kristen are going to Florida, coming back for a few days next week, then going back again for New Year’s. Wilmington-Beulaville-Richlands-Rougemont-Wilmington doesn’t seem nearly as tough in comparison.

Duke beat St. John’s 70-57. I missed it of course, but from what I read they weren’t playing like they should. The Tar Heels got beat 74-59 by an unranked University of Southern California. Again, I didn’t see it, but from what I read, the Heels were just terrible tonight. Hooray!