We had another good night of sleep last night.  In fact, we went ahead and woke Milly up at about 3:00.  She was a little fussy at the time, but she wasn’t fully awake.  Amanda figured it would be better to go ahead and get her started on a feeding before she was full-on crying.  She woke us up herself around 6:30.  We went back to sleep and woke up again around 9:00.  Just like yesterday, Milly’s been eating every couple of hours.

I did a bit of work in the nursery today, hanging up a thing Amanda’s grandfather made so we could put up the mobile, putting up a couple hooks and two curtain rods to hang the curtains that Karen’s friend, Eleanor, made.

We had a doctor appointment in the afternoon.  The nurse took Milly’s temperature (rectally), and Milly demonstrated her displeasure by kicking herself clear off of it.  Of course it had to go right back in.

She was pretty inconsolable after that though.  She wouldn’t calm down for anything, even when Amanda tried to feed her again.  After a while she did take some food though, and eventually calmed down.

After that Amanda and I went to Target to pick up a few things.  This was the first time we used the stroller, but it was also the first time Milly has gone shopping anywhere.  She slept through it though, so I guess she wasn’t too impressed.

I had talked to both Adam and Michael about going to the beach, so when I got home I unloaded the stuff we bought and then, after a few minutes, headed back out to Wrightsville Beach.  I talked with Barry Frazelle on the way out though, and when I asked if there was any surf out he asked if I had a boat, because if I had a boat I could go skiing.  I told him that maybe Michael and I could take turns paddling real hard and pulling the other on some skis, since I don’t have a boat.  So I turned around and headed back.

When I got home I discovered that Milly had had an episode similar to last night’s, though not quite as messy.  With this one the mess came out.  I think with last night’s there’s still a faint stain.

Karen’s sticking around one more night.  She’s been so helpful, cleaning up, making our yard nicer, helping out with Milly and so forth.  My sister, Erin Dotsey, is coming to visit Mills tomorrow.  She’s been really excited ever since she found out we were pregnant.  I mean, a lot of people have, but she’s been even more excited than I would have thought she’d be.  I think Kyle and Lorin Van Zandt are coming by tomorrow too.  We tried to get up with Nick and Amy Warkentien today, but we just didn’t manage to do it.

I think I’ll be ready to start getting back into work on Monday.

Zach Dotsey