Okay, so Milly didn’t really have a terribly eventful New Year’s Eve or anything, but it is her first.
Have I mentioned that she’s turning off the light in the nursery now? For a few mornings, after I got her up and walked past the dimmer switch I put her hand against it and sort of pushed her body until it clicked. It only took a couple times of doing that and now when I stop in front of the dimmer she’ll put her hand up to it and push. She can usually turn it off on her own now, but sometimes she can’t quite get the leverage so I help push her into it.
Work kept me busy yet again. Scott did one of the things I’ve been trying to get to and I finished up a different one. Of course there were a few new things that came in to do and we even had a call come in from a new prospective client today. I know I only worked a half day last Thursday and was out until Sunday, but with all the work there’s been lately I really don’t feel like I’ve had a break at all.
So what did we do for our first New Year’s Eve with a baby? Well, we didn’t bother looking for a babysitter and didn’t have any plans anyway, so we ate enchiladas, watched Duke put a beatdown on Penn (114-55!), put Milly to bed then hung out for a bit. Amanda whooped me at MarioKart and now we’re watching TV. Exciting stuff.
I was trying to recount what I’ve done for past New Year’s Eves. Let’s see what I can remember.
- 2008 – Went to Blake and Stephanie Konny’s and played Settlers of Catan.
- 2007 – Nothing. Amanda fell asleep before midnight. I might have too.
- 2006 – At my parent’s house.
- 2005 – Hung out at Anna and Barry’s with Ben and Jessica plus Jessica’s family and Amanda’s grandparents.
- 2004 – Hung out with Michael and Sarah at Amanda’s parents’ house.
- 2003 – We went to Carolina Ale House and hung out with Jason, Matt Carter, Karen and Casey and a friend of Casey’s.
- 2002 – Helped Amanda move into her apartment with Amy. Might have had some wine.
- 2001 – Went to a couple clubs in downtown Greensboro with Vic Toadvine, Todd Dorrell, Jason Embler and Jacob Fenno.
- 2000 – I think I hung out with Antonio and Lynette.
- 1999 – Hung out at Kelia’s apartment with a few other people I knew from high school.
It gets fuzzy after that, but that’s pretty good recollection right there.
A quarter of an hour to go. Jennifer Lopez is on my TV and went from wearing what looked like a jacket of human hair to wearing a sheer skintight suit.
Hope you have a good new year, whoever you are that might be reading this.