When I went to bed last night I noticed that my stomach was a little upset and thought about taking a Tums, but I was already pulling the covers up over my shoulders at that point, and nobody like to get out of bed at that point, you know?

I don’t think a Tums would have helped anyway.  I woke up at 3:00 feeling a little queasy, and by the time I got to the bathroom I knew what was going to happen, so I just went for it.  Amanda woke up and asked if I was alright or if I needed anything, but there wasn’t much she could do for me.  I mean, it’s not like I have long hair that she could hold, you know?  It was nice of her to ask though.  Besides though, she wouldn’t have wanted to be there for the part that happened next anyway.

I glanced at myself in the mirror as I was walking back out of the bathroom and I looked like pallid death, but I felt better.  I climbed back into bed and went back to sleep.

Then I woke up an hour later and made my way to the bathroom again.  At least, I thought, I don’t have to throw up this time.

Okay, so here’s where it gets a little gross and personal, but I want to get my thought process in here.  Skip the next four paragraphs if you don’t like reading gross stuff.

I was sitting in the bathroom and I was starting to feel a little light-headed.  Having grown up in a house with five other people, I’ve always locked the bathroom door when doing what I was doing then.  (No, not that, Guttermind.)  It’s just what I do.  Anyway, I started getting both queasy and lightheaded.  Based on that, I figured I should unlock the door, because you never know, right?  I’d hate to pass out with the door locked.

So anyway, I unlocked the door, but before I could get back I ended up having to make a pit stop.  Yeah, I wasn’t going to puke in the toilet considering what was in there, so my only other viable option was the tub.  I think this was the first time I ever puked in a bathtub.

This is gross too, but I remember seeing a slice of mushroom, and I actually remembered that specific mushroom.  Tonight’s spaghetti sauce had them and I had tried to avoid them somewhat, but I did get one, and when it appeared on my fork I decided to just swallow it down.

Well, there it was staring back at me again in the tub, all like, “Hey there!”

I washed everything down and went to bed again, thinking that, given how much I’d been up, at least I’d be able to sleep until about 8 or so, right?

Well, wrong on that.  Milly chose this morning to wake up early and not stop crying, so I told Amanda she could go ahead and get her up.  I don’t remember what time it was, but it was early.  Amanda offered to stay home, since I was feeling like crap, but I figured I could suffer through a couple hours before Milly went down for her nap.

I will say that Milly was very good.  She was a bit fussy at one point, which, given how I felt, was very frustrating, but for the most part she was very sweet, playing with her toys while I was curled up in a ball on the love seat.  I had to go to el baño a couple more times, but at least I didn’t have to throw up.

I noticed at one point that the air upstairs wasn’t hot, so I went outside to see if the AC exhaust unit needed to be reset, which it does all the time for some reason.  I discovered, though, that some ice had formed inside it and the fan had hit against it.  That was a bad thing, because the motor in it was still running, but going nowhere.  Fearing that the motor would burn up, I turned off the upstairs AC and figured that it would melt, since it was warmer today than it has been.

Skipping ahead a little, it never got around to melting on its own.  I ended up dumping a bunch of hot water down it until the ice holding back the fans disappeared.  I also figured out that the reason it got backed up was that ice and snow had blocked the sides where water is supposed to empty out, so I busted that up a bit.

Jumping back, after I put Milly down for her nap I took care of a few work things then took a nice three-hour nap myself.  I woke up shortly after Amanda got home and heard her get Milly up.  I wasn’t quite ready to get up yet though, so I took my time.

Amanda had bought some Gatorade and soup, which was great.  I think I was dehydrated enough that I actually felt dry.

I did some work here and there as I was able to concentrate on it.  I felt kind of warm and was about a degree hot, according to one thermometer.  I was still achy and had a headache, so I ended up not going to the small group leaders meeting at church tonight.

Amanda was a little anxious about it, since we still haven’t met any of the leaders we’re supposed to be advocating.  That ended up not really mattering because there’s a bit of restructuring going on.

Milly was good for me tonight.  We actually ended up watching a Justice League animated movie on Netflix.  I was browsing around on it and thought, “Superman and Batman battling evil alternate universe versions of themselves?  Why not?”  Milly actually paid attention to it some too, but mostly I curled up on the couch while she played with her crayons.

Note that by playing with her crayons, I mean that Milly was playing with her crayons.  She very rarely uses them to color.

After that was over I read to her some.  She pulled out a book of pictures with their words and repeated every word I read to her.  She did great with that.  We then picked up her blocks then I put her down to sleep.

Amanda got home a little bit later.  I’d read today that the zodiac signs have changed, which shifts her from a Taurus to an Aries and me from a Pisces to an Aquarius.  Yeah, I’m pretty much a model Pisces.  There are a few things you can pin on me from the Aquarius, but you can probably say that about any sign.

I’ll be going to bed before too long.  I feel much better than I did starting off the day.  I probably should have eaten more, as all I’ve had is some soup and, just a little bit ago, a bagel, but for most of the day the thought of eating anything was kind of repulsive to me.

Zach Dotsey